My Shrimp Chowder is one of all time favorites and with the extra cold weather it’s the perfect time to whip up a big batch of this flavorful chowder!
If you’re not a fan of shrimp you can replace the shrimp with scallops, crayfish, a thick fish like salmon or cod cut up into chunks. I’ve made this with all kinds of seafood and even chicken! I hope you enjoy it as much as my family and I did.
- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled, devein
- 1 pack of bacon, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth, low sodium
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled, diced into 1/2 inch chunks
- 1 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons corn starch mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon creole seasonings
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Italian parsley, minced to garnish
- For the Creole Croutons:
- 1 large baguette, sliced on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning.
Copyright © 2014 Creole Contessa http://www.creolecontessa.com/